Not all information concerning our existing or potential customers is considered “personal data” in the meaning of law. It is only information that relates to the identity of a natural person, i.e. an individual as opposed to so-called legal persons – existing on the basis of legal regulations (e.g. various types of companies). However, also customers who are legal entities may also be associated with personal data of their employees and representatives who, acting on their behalf, provide us with their personal data. The data we may receive are, but are not limited to, your name, e-mail address (if it may reveal the identity of an individual ), telephone number and place of work.
Since our products and services, including ORBITVU SUN, are addressed to business or professional customers (B2B) and not to consumers (B2C), most of the data we process are not personal data.
We treat the received data as confidential, which is why we do our best to protect them as far as possible against unauthorized persons. For this purpose, we use technical means, such as e.g. secure communications protocols. All our employees who come into contact with your data have been properly trained to process them.
We respect your right to privacy. We only use the information you provide to us for the purpose for which it was collected with your consent or pursuant to legal provisions allowing us to do so.
- type of the data we collect;
- use of the ORBITVU SUN Service;
- how we use the data and the legal basis for it;
- period during which personal will be stored
- data protection and data security;
- entities which have access to the data
- your rights under the GDPR regulations
- how we interact with you;
- our registration and contact details
Data we collect
Due to the fact that our offer is addressed mainly to business customers and not to consumers (B2B), we primarily collect data concerning companies (enterprises) interested in or already using our products and services. They may also include personal data of their representatives and employees.
In the contact forms on our websites (on the website you can choose different language versions, the English version is available at: https://orbitvu.com), we ask you to provide the company name, company e-mail address, and possibly the name and surname of the contact person. The obligatory data are marked with an asterisk (*). The other data indicated in the form are optional, but giving them will help us to provide you with information that is better adapted to your needs and business profile (e.g. country in which the company is based, industry of the company, number of photos taken monthly, other information that you can send in the message).
You can also subscribe to our newsletter via our website by entering your e-mail address and selecting the checkbox in a contact form or by entering your e-mail address and clicking the “Subscribe” button atthe homepage. Our newsletter may contain information about our products, news, changes in price lists and offers, etc. You can opt out from receiving it at any time.
In order to process your purchase order, issue an invoice and deliver the products, we will need additional information as required by law (e.g. a postal address and tax identification number of your company).
Remember, that by providing us with your data you do it voluntarily. You have no legal or contractual obligation to do so. However, some details may be necessary, for example, to process your order (company name, postal address, tax identification number). Without such information we may not be able to sell you our products nor provide services.
Use of the ORBITVU SUN Service
ORBITVU owns and manages the ORBITVU SUN website available at www.orbitvu.co. It provides a 360/3D/2D multimedia presentation management service (hereinafter referred to as the ORBITVU SUN Service or Service). The Service also serves the users of ORBITVU solutions to manage purchased licenses for ORBITVU software, to download ORBITVU software and to buy additional services such as technical support and extended warranty. The Service is also used by ORBITVU and it’s sales partners to provide warranty and technical support service.
A user of the Service is a company (entrepreneur) registered in the Service. In order to register, you need to provide a company name and a user e-mail. The data of the company registered in the Service are not visible to other users using the Service, except for ORBITVU and it’s sale partner (e.g. a subsidiary company, or distributor), who has made a sale of any ORBITVU product to the company. The data is used by ORBITVU and it’s sales partners to provide warranty and technical support service. The company that owns the account can manage access to the account by individuals (e.g. its employees or co-workers).
If you become our customer, i.e. you have purchased one of our products, you will receive an activation e-mail from us, which will allow you to register with the Service.
If you are not our customer yet (you have not used our products yet), you can register in the Service (create a company account) by providing the above data and choosing a password to the account. Free registration will enable you to test our ORBITVU SUN Service.
ORBITVU SUN users receive technical information about the functioning of the Service via e-mail (to the address provided by them), e.g. about the expiry of their account, technical breaks, new functionalities of the Service, legal warnings.
If you register with the Service on its website, you may also give your consent to receive, at the e-mail address provided, commercial communications containing news about our product and service offerings. The information is sent in the form of a marketing newsletter.
You can unsubscribe from receiving the marketing newsletter at any time in your account settings or by clicking the unsubscribe button in the newsletter.
Through our websites, including ORBITVU SUN Service, we use so-called cookies and similar local storage technology. Cookies are information technology data containing a small amount of text which are sent by a web server to a user’s browser when he or she accesses web pages.
- adapting the content of the pages to the user’s preferences and optimising the use of those pages;
- produce statistics that help us understand how visitors to our websites use them; for this purpose, we also use Google Analytics, an external web analysis service provided by Google Inc., with its own cookies;
- ensuring efficient operation of our websites, including all functionalities of the ORBITVU SUN Site
You can also block the Google Analytics cookies by downloading a corresponding browser add-on (available at: tools.google.com ).
Please note that blocking cookies may cause difficulties in using certain functionalities of the ORBITVU SUN Service.
Use of data and legal basis for it
We use your data only for the purposes for which you have given us your consent or for which we are entitled by law, in particular under the GDPR provisions.
The data provided to us for the purpose of purchasing our products are used for the execution of customer orders and after-sales service (warranty and post-warranty support). Similarly, data concerning the users of ORBITVU SUN Site are used to provide the ORBITVU SUN Service, including communicating to them (technical) information concerning operation of the Service. In this respect, the legal basis for our processing of personal data is Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR provisions (processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of the concluded contract without the requirement of obtaining a separate consent for such processing)
If you are already our customer and use our products, you can receive from us at the indicated e-mail address marketing information about our current offer, novelties and products improvements. It will be mailed to you in the form of a newsletter after your company has been registered with the ORBITVU SUN Service. The legal basis that allows us to do so is the so-called legitimate interest of the controller (in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR provisions). However, you may object at any time to receiving such commercial information by not giving your consent to register with the ORBITVU SUN Service (rejecting the activation e-mail received from us), by changing settings in your account preferences or by deleting your account.
If you are not using our products yet (you are not our customer) but you have subscribed to the marketing newsletter (upon registration in the ORBITVU SUN Service or through any of our websites), we will use the data provided by you, including your e-mail address, to send the newsletter.
If you send us a product related inquiry through e-mail or using any of contact form, we will only give you information (send email or phone you) related to this inquiry.
In the above cases, the legal basis for processing your personal data is your consent to receive specific commercial information (in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR).
You can unsubscribe from receiving our newsletter at any time simply by clicking “unsubscribe” button in the newsletter.
Any data we hold will not be passed on to any other person or entity for advertising or commercial purposes.
Retention period for data
The data we hold are processed (i.e. used) by us in principle for the period necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected, i.e. to perform the contract for the customer, provide after-sales service (warranty and post-warranty support), provide ORBITVU SUN Service, send newsletter or communicate other information requested by the user (customer).
This does not mean, however, that once we have achieved the above purposes, we will immediately delete all the related data. The obligation to store the data for a longer period of time may result from the provisions of law (in accordance with Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR). This applies in particular to tax, accounting and statistical regulations, which require e.g. storing data on commercial transactions with customers for a specified period of time (e.g. for a period of 5 years after the transaction according to Polish tax regulations).
Moreover, in order to secure the data collected in our IT system, protect it against loss due to system failure, capture and eliminate potential violations of personal data, we create back-up copies containing comprehensive data of the IT system for the time necessary for the above purposes (3 months). The objective of achieving appropriate level of data security excludes the possibility to delete individual information (including specific personal information) from the backup copy. The legal basis for such data storage is the legitimate interest of the controller (in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) of the provisions of the GDPR).
Data protection and data security
In order to ensure the best protection of the data transferred to us against their disclosure to unauthorized persons, we have applied a number of technical, IT, organizational and legal safeguards:
- we collect data on our own server, located in a separate, guarded place; data from the ORBITVU SUN Site are stored on secure Amazon servers located in the European Union (relevant information can be found on the Amazon website: AWS.amazon.com)
- the premises in which we process data are protected by numerous physical security measures against unauthorised access;
- we use an internal firewall-protected network that is not accessible from the outside;
- our servers can only be accessed by authorized personnel via VPN (Virtual Private Network);
- we use communication encryption to our servers using SSH protocol;
- we back up personal data (backups) in order to protect them against accidental loss or intentional destruction;
- we have implemented appropriate procedures to collect and process personal data in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR, we monitor and enforce their observance; in the case of a personal data breach we are obliged to notify to the national data protection supervisory authority (in Poland: the Office for Personal Data Protection) thereof within 72 hours
- we train our staff on an ongoing basis in the protection and processing of personal data and monitor the regulations in this area;
- if the processing of personal data takes place with the participation of an external service provider, we use the services of only reputable companies, that ensure appropriate level of security and protection of the personal data entrusted to them;
Entities with access to data
With a view to provide efficient and professional service to our customers, we also use IT solutions and tools developed by other companies. Therefore, personal data processed by us may be entrusted to external service providers to a certain extent. However, we select only those service providers that provide adequate guarantees for the protection of the data entrusted to them.
In relation to the data entrusted to them, we still remain the controller of the data and exercise control over them.
As far as processing of personal data for the purpose of sending newsletters to our customers is concerned, we use the external MailChimp mailing platform.
For efficient handling of customer enquiries and requests, we use Pipedrive CRM platform.
The data of the users of the ORBITVU SUN Service are stored on a secure Amazon server located within the European Union.
The companies listed above, based in the USA, should ensure a level of protection of personal data in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR, as they are certified participants of the Privacy Shield Framework, regulating the secure transfer of personal data from the European Union countries to the USA. (For more information and contact details of these companies, please refer to their privacy policies on their websites)
We are also obliged to provide personal data held by us if such a request is made to us by authorized public authorities, e.g. the police, the public prosecutor’s office, a court as well as the data protection supervising authority.
The data will not be passed on to other persons or entities for advertising or commercial purposes.
If, as a company interested in ORBITV products and services, you have your registered office outside of Poland, we will transfer your data (received e.g. via our multilingual website) to one of our distributors operating in the country of your registered office. (You can find information about our worldwide distribution network on our website at: https://orbitvu.com/contact). Our distributor will contact you in your native language, provide you with all the information you are interested in and sell you ORBITVU products. The distributor will also provide you with after-sales service (warranty and post-warranty service), either on its own or with our help.
If you are a user of ORBITVU products that you have purchased from one of our distributors, then both the distributor and our company will have access to your personal data. It is necessary due to the obligations of the distributor and ORBITVU company towards you, including provision of technical support service (warranty and post-warranty support).
Your rights under the GDPR regulations
- the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not we are processing your personal data and, where this is the case, the right to access your personal data and receive information about your specific data we process, the purpose of processing it, its retention period and entities that have access to your data;
Information on how long we store personal data and who has access to it can be found in this Policy (in the sections “Retention period for data” and “Entities with access to data”).
If you are a user of the ORBITVU SUN Service, you have access to your data registered in in the Service through your profile created in it.
- the right to rectify personal data which are inaccurate or to have incomplete data completed;
If you are a user of the ORBITVU SUN Site, you can exercise this right over the data registered on it by editing and correcting them through your account on the Site
- the right to withdraw at any time the consent to the processing of your data, where the basis for such processing is your consent (Article 6, point 1a of the GDPR provisions); this applies, for example, to withdrawing the consent to receive the newsletter, if you are not using our products and services yet (you are not our client);
If you are a user of the ORBITVU SUN Site, you may opt out of using it by deleting your account in the Service.
- the right to erasure your data (“the right to be forgotten”) if we no longer need it for the purpose for which we received it (once this purpose have been achieved) or if you have withdrawn the consent to the processing of your data (where the basis for such processing was your consent);
In some cases, the obligation to store your data due to law or on the basis of the legitimate interest of the controller may prevent your request from being met. You can find out more from the section “Retention period for data “.
- the right to demand that data processing be restricted to the storage of data without any further processing in the following situations:
– in case of your contesting the correctness of personal data (the limitation of the processing will then last for a period enabling us to verify the correctness of your data)
– in case of the processing of your data proved to be unlawful and its erasure was impossible due to your objection,
– in case of your personal data became unnecessary for us and were needed by you in order to establish, assert or defend any of your rights;
- the right to data portability; you have the right to receive from us your personal data in a machine-readable format; or you may request that we transmit your personal data directly to another controller;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us on the basis of the legitimate interest of the controller, such as the right to object to the marketing newsletter being sent to you as our customer (who is already using ORBITVU products).
You can unsubscribe from receiving the marketing newsletter at any time in the settings of your account on the ORBITVU SUN Service or by clicking on the unsubscribe button in the email with the newsletter you received.
- the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in a given country, if in your opinion we do not comply with the GDPR regulations
How the company communicates with customers
Our company only communicates with you in the manner in which you have given your consent and only to the address (especially e-mail address) or telephone number provided by you for this purpose.
Information about our company
ORBITVU Sp. z o.o.
the address of the global head office:
42-600 Tarnowskie Góry
NIP (fiscal identification number): 6452515131.
REGON (statistical number): 241721595
The company is registered in the Sąd Rejonowy w Gliwicach (District Court in Gliwice (Poland)) under number KRS: 0000366154.
tel: + 48 32 7681680